CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 2, 2008

My First Quilt! For Baby Hicks


Well my friend Patricia is expecting her first child and had her baby shower recently. I have never been that interested in making a quilt until this event. I made it based on the Lap Quilt in Bend the Rules Sewing and had read about a way to cut the quilt back bigger than the quilt top so that you can just fold the back over and use it as the binding. I used pastel green and yellow flannel and in real life the bright yellow doesn't stand out quite as much. They are planning to be surprised about the sex of the baby so they chose the green and yellow color scheme. It was fun! And it turned out pretty well but of course, not perfect. I also made them a receiving blanket and burp cloths. I hope to try out other baby items for other upcoming showers!

0 comments: